Abstract Submission Deadline
September 15, 2009
Abstracts should be sent by
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Conditions for Submission of Abstracts
Abstract Editing Instructions
Submission of an abstract implies the commitment that the presenting author registers for the Eurogin 2010 congress and that financial resources to attend are available.
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented in ENGLISH.
- Abstracts should be prepared as a WORD document in accordance with the editing instructions below, and sent by email to the EUROGIN organizing committee at the following address:
Abstracts that do not comply with the editing instructions will not be considered.
- For Free Communications or Poster sessions, only ONE abstract can be submitted per person (presenter).
- Original scientific material is welcome and preference is given to recent findings not published yet at the date of the congress.
- Abstracts will be peer reviewed and classified by experts in one of the categories (topics) listed; they will be allocated for oral or poster presentation. Authors who do not wish to be considered for oral presentation are requested to indicate this when submitting. However, please note, that the Scientific Committee will make the final decision for the mode of presentation.
- The final decision of the Scientific Committee will be announced before October 31, 2009.
- Authors agree that their abstract will be published in an Abstract Book which will be provided to all registered participants of the congress.
- All accepted abstract authors will receive confirmation by email. Please do not forget to indicate your correct email address and telephone number when submitting your abstract.
- Most accepted abstracts will be allocated to poster presentation. Detailed technical instructions will be made available to the authors in due time.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the final abstract book of the conference.
- Format: WORD file.
- Maximum number of characters: 2,200, not counting spaces, but including title and accreditations.
- Use Arial font size 11
- The title must be written in UPPER CASE (capitals) and bold; (keep it brief, clearly indicating the nature of the investigation. It should not exceed 2 lines).
- Please avoid complex mathematical formulae.
- Abstracts should be structured in three sections, clearly mentioned as such: objectives – methods - conclusions.
- Authors should be listed by their LAST NAME (family name) followed by initials of the first name only (do not include full first names). ONE author must be identified as PRESENTER by underlining of his name.
- Give professional address for all authors: name of hospital, unit or laboratory, city and country in lower case. No other indications are to be given. If different affiliations, please use numbers.
- Do not indent spaces on the first line of each paragraph. Abstracts should be typed single spaced, with no space between paragraphs. Use international standards for scientific articles.
- Only standard abbreviations may be used without definition. Data must be given in units widely used in literature.
- Only essential references should be included and put in brackets at the end of the abstract: numbers in the text may refer to them.
- Drugs must be identified by their generic names.
For review purposes, abstracts are classified according to the following list:
1. Viral and molecular biology
2. Genetic predisposition to infection
3. Epidemiology and natural history
6. HPV prophylactic vaccines: clinical aspects
7. HPV prophylactic vaccines: basic science
8. HPV therapeutic vaccines
9. HPV testing
11. Molecular markers
12. Screening methods
13. Liquid based cytology
14. Automation in cytology
15. New technologies
16. Diagnostic procedures
18. Cervical neoplasia
19. Vaginal neoplasia
20. Vulvar diseases
21. Anal neoplasia
22. Genital warts
23. Sexually transmitted diseases and HIV infection
24. Conventional therapies
25. New treatments - Immunotherapy
26. New drugs
27. Economics and modelling
28. Advocacy, acceptability and psychology
Please send your abstract by email to:
When submitting your abstract, please CLEARLY INDICATE YOUR CONTACT DETAILS (email and phone number) and CONFIRM THE NAME OF THE PRESENTING AUTHOR (PRESENTER) in your message.
If you have any questions, please call the Eurogin secretariat at either of the following numbers:
Abstract submissions by fax are not accepted.
Notification of abstract acceptance to authors:
Authors will receive notification on acceptance and allocation to sessions/categories of their abstract before October 31, 2009.