|| Any questions?
Should you have any questions,
please contact Peter Mattonet at:
Phone: +33-1 48 88 96 24
or +33-1 .44 40 01 20
on Tuesdays 14.30 - 18.30
or Thursdays 9.30 - 18.30
Fax: +33-1 47 66 74 70
The Abstract submission deadline has expired
Late breaker deadline: (please contact the EUROGIN office for conditions)
Abstracts should be sent by
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The EUROGIN Program Committee would like to thank all abstract submitters for their commitment to our congress.
Notifications of abstract acceptance will be sent between January 31 and February 7.
General Conditions for Submission of Abstracts
Abstract Editing Instructions
Submission of an abstract implies the commitment that the presenting author registers for the Eurogin 2011 congress and that financial resources to attend are available.
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented in ENGLISH.
- Abstracts should be prepared as a WORD document in accordance with the editing instructions below, and sent by email to the EUROGIN organizing committee at the following address:
Abstracts that do not comply with the editing instructions will not be considered.
- For Free Communications or Poster sessions, only ONE abstract can be submitted per person (presenter).
- Original scientific material is welcome and preference is given to recent findings not published yet at the date of the congress.
- Abstracts will be peer reviewed and classified by experts in one of the categories (topics) listed; they will be allocated for oral or poster presentation. Authors who do not wish to be considered for oral presentation are requested to indicate this when submitting. However, please note, that the Scientific Committee will make the final decision for the mode of presentation.
- The final decision of the Scientific Committee will be announced before October 31, 2009.
- Authors agree that their abstract will be published in an Abstract Book which will be provided to all registered participants of the congress.
- All accepted abstract authors will receive confirmation by email. Please do not forget to indicate your correct email address and telephone number when submitting your abstract.
- Most accepted abstracts will be allocated to poster presentation. Detailed technical instructions will be made available to the authors in due time.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the final abstract book of the conference.
- Format: WORD file.
- Maximum number of characters: 2,200, not counting spaces, but including title and accreditations.
- Use Arial font size 11
- The title must be written in UPPER CASE (capitals) and bold; (keep it brief, clearly indicating the nature of the investigation. It should not exceed 2 lines).
- Please avoid complex mathematical formulae.
- Abstracts should be structured in three sections, clearly mentioned as such: objectives – methods - conclusions.
- Authors should be listed by their LAST NAME (family name) followed by initials of the first name only (do not include full first names). ONE author must be identified as PRESENTER by underlining of his name.
- Give professional address for all authors: name of hospital, unit or laboratory, city and country in lower case. No other indications are to be given. If different affiliations, please use numbers.
- Do not indent spaces on the first line of each paragraph. Abstracts should be typed single spaced, with no space between paragraphs. Use international standards for scientific articles.
- Only standard abbreviations may be used without definition. Data must be given in units widely used in literature.
- Only essential references should be included and put in brackets at the end of the abstract: numbers in the text may refer to them.
- Drugs must be identified by their generic names.
For review purposes, abstracts are classified according to the following list. Select only 1 topic that best characterizes your abstract:
1. Viral and molecular biology
2. Epidemiology and natural history
5. HPV prophylactic vaccines: clinical aspects
6. HPV prophylactic vaccines: basic science
7. HPV therapeutic vaccines
8. HPV testing
10. Molecular markers
11. Screening methods
12. Liquid based cytology
13. Automation in cytology
14. New technologies
15. Diagnostic procedures
17. Cervical neoplasia
18. Vaginal neoplasia
19. Vulvar diseases and neoplasia
20. Anal neoplasia
21. Penile HPV diseases
22. Oropharynx / Head and neck
23. Genital warts
24. Sexually transmitted diseases and HIV infection
25. Conventional therapies
26. New treatments - Immunotherapy
27. New drugs
28. Economics and modelling
29. Advocacy, acceptability and psychology
30. Health education
31. Low resource settings
Please send your abstract by email to:
When submitting your abstract, please CLEARLY INDICATE YOUR CONTACT DETAILS (email and phone number) and CONFIRM THE NAME OF THE PRESENTING AUTHOR (PRESENTER) in your message.
If you have any questions, please call the Eurogin secretariat at either of the following numbers:
Abstract submissions by fax are not accepted.
Notification of abstract acceptance to authors:
Authors will receive notification on acceptance and allocation to sessions/categories of their abstract before February 7, 2011.