Welcome to EUROGIN 2016 and Salzburg.
An exceptional event to share and exchange scientific knowledge and experience.
Dear friends and colleagues,
On behalf of the EUROGIN Organizing Committee, I am pleased to welcome you to the EUROGIN 2016 international congress.
As one of the most important conferences on human papillomavirus infection and related cancers, our event continues to foster multidisciplinary interactions that are vital to making critical discoveries. The high-ranking scientific committee includes members representing a wide range of interests and scientific expertise that are required to develop an outstanding meeting. The program also encompasses state-of-the art science on ano-genital and head & neck cancer, inspires collaboration, and provides forums to share expertise and learn from the leading experts in these fields.
The EUROGIN 2016 Congress aims at developing a full review of current scientific developments in the field of cancer and human papillomavirus related diseases, raising the public health profile and increasing the need for responsible health services in this area. The event endeavours to translate scientific and evidence-based research into clinical practice while highlighting the following aspects:
- Recent advances and updated scientific insights in HPV screening, testing and management
- The impact of HPV and associated cancers on public health
- Strategies to prevent and treat HPV related diseases
- Exchanging information on early detection, new diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and prevention strategies including screening and HPV vaccination
Speakers include international leaders from academic, government and private organizations, representatives of medical and scientific societies, as well as women's health associations who will discuss and exchange ideas on issues relevant to both individuals and public health
The program has been planned and implemented according to UEMS criteria and an application for CME accreditation has been submitted to the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME)..
Let me draw your attention to the Key Scientific events of the conference:
- The German Austrian Workshop will be held in German language for local participants on Friday June 17 and Saturday June 18. It will discuss current research on HPV-associated genital diseases and the recent developments in cervical cancer screening, prevention and management for both clinicians and research scientists.
- International experts of the HPV and Head & Neck Forum will address the most recent data on the role of HPV infection in oropharyngeal cancers, highlighting issues on risk, diagnosis, management, screening, and prevention.
We will review the current epidemiologic efforts which focus on the natural history of HPV infection, risk of transmission, screening for early cancer detection, and the potential impact of prophylactic HPV vaccines in the incidence of head and neck cancer. The clinical responses observed in immunotherapy trials in HPV-OPC patients, as well as the clinical results of other targeted therapies will be discussed. Recent progress on Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis will be presented as well.
- The satellite course on Quality Assurance in Cervical Cancer, a training course designed for screening coordinators and evaluators, on Wednesday June 15 (afternoon), is aimed to develop the quality assurance of cervical cancer screening programs, including functioning of quality assurance systems and auditing, and the introduction of primary HPV testing.
- Prospects for Immunotherapy in HPV associated Cancer, leading to a paradigm shift in the way we approach the therapy of HPV associated disease.
- Other Training Courses, run in parallel on Wednesday June 15, include:
- Vulvar Disease Course, covering the latest progress in diagnosis, management and treatment
- Colposcopy Training Course with cases studies
Topics extend from basics of the colposcopic examination to the role of HPV testing and biomarkers. A large section will deal with methods of treatment and its complications. There will be power point and video presentations, which will be handed out at the end of the course as a PDF file .
The EUROGIN 2016 congress will offer excellent opportunities for learning and networking with professionals from many different disciplines. We hope that every conference attendee will take full advantage of the sessions offered: Training Courses, Oral Communications, Scientific and Main Scientific sessions, Clinical sessions, Poster presentations, and Satellite Symposia.
We look forward to welcome you at this stimulating and rewarding scientific event.
Chairman of the Scientific Committee